Sun City Grand Surprise, AZ
19726 N Remington Dr – Surprise, AZ 85374
Sun City Grand Overview
Following the huge successes of Sun City and Sun City West, and moving still farther west along Bell Rd, Sun City Grand opened in October 1996 and sold out in 2006. The Arizona boom years of 2005 and 2006 brought a huge influx of investors that created a housing shortage and helped Sun City Grand sell out in record time, and with record appreciation in home values.
Sun City Grand is currently allowing residents aged 45 or better to purchase homes in the community. They will close off the 45 year old buyers when the percentage reaches 15%, so as not to jeopardize their HUD status as an age-restricted community.
Sun City Grand Amenities
Sun City Grand has virtually every amenity you can image – and usually several so things don’t get too crowded.
The Village Center is the main “hub” of Sun City Grand, and is the equivalent of a downtown area of a small, but modern, town. This large complex has beautiful greens and contains the majority of the clubs and activities.
Just some of the top features here include:
- Adobe Spa & Fitness Center: indoor and outdoor pools and spas, exercise facilities, and indoor walking track
- Chaparral Plaza: a “Student Union” type facility that contains the ASU Lifelong Learning Academy, classrooms, computer lab, Cyper Café, and billiards room
- Sonoran Plaza: contains a 9,100 sq ft ballroom, as well as meeting and crafts rooms
- Cimarron Center: a second, large recreation facility with day spa, outdoor lounge and lap pools, saunas, and exercise facilities
- Sports Facilities: softball field, tennis courts, pickleball courts, bocce ball courts, horseshoes, shuffleboard and more.
- Golf Courses: four beautiful regulation-length golf courses, kept in great condition
- On-site restaurants: several restaurants within the Sun City Grand master-planned community, as well as dining at each golf course.
- Stores & Conveniences: banks, pharmacies, and other small business are located directly inside the Sun City Grand master community, so you never have to travel far for necessities.
There are hundreds and hundreds of classes, interest groups, and community activities as well.
Sun City Grand Real Estate
From condos and small 2nd homes, to spacious full-time living, with so many floor plans and sizes available, there is something just right for almost every budget and lifestyle.
- Single Family Dwellings: These comprise the majority of homes and are from 1,085-Sq.ft. to more than 3,800-sq.ft. with large lots, small lots, golf course lots and some homes in neighborhood associations that will take care of front landscaping and other services for a nominal additional monthly fee.
- La Solana: One and two bedroom condos from 427 to 1,021 sq.ft. La Solana has its own pool and clubhouse, but residents also have access to all of the great amenities at all of the Sun City Grand recreation centers.
Sun City Grand Golf
Sun City Grand has four gorgeous Billy Casper and Greg Nash signature golf courses that are very well maintained.
- Desert Springs: was the first Championship course built in Sun City Grand in 1996.
- The Granite Falls South and Granite Falls North courses were built next in 1997 and 1999 respectively.
- Cimarron was built in 2002 and is considered by most to be the most challenging of the four courses.
Sun City Grand is a full service golf operation with driving ranges, full service golf shops and food and beverage services.
All of the courses are public and offer preferred membership programs that provide discounts, preferred tee time booking, and the ability to use your own golf cart instead of paying cart fees. The courses are open to non-residents, but Sun City Grand residents pay lower fees, even without membership passes.
Each course books its own tee times, but rates and memberships are the same for all of them.
About the Surprise Area
Sun City Grand is located on Bell Rd, in Surprise, Arizona. At Easy Life Group, we refer to this stretch of Bell Rd as “Retirement Row,” because you’ll find the 55+ retirement communities of Sun City, Sun City West, Sun Village, Sun City Grand, Arizona Traditions, and Sun City Festival, all in a straight line traveling west on Bell Rd from Peoria to Buckeye.
The town of Surprise is located in the far northwest part of the Greater Phoenix area and had always been difficult because it did not have good freeway access, but all of that changed once the new Loop 303 freeway was completed. Now, Surprise is just a short 25-30 minutes to downtown Phoenix, and an easy drive to popular Arizona day-trip destinations like Sedona, Flagstaff, and Prescott.
You’ll find all of your favorite stores and restaurants located just outside the community and within an easy 5-10 minute drive of Sun City Grand.