Rio Verde Active Adult Rio Verde, AZ
Rio Verde Active Adult (55+) Overview
The Rio Verde active adult development is comprised of three very beautiful and exclusive adult communities: Rio Verde (the original development), Tonto Verde, and the newest community, Trilogy at Verde River. Each luxury community was developed separately and has its own private equity golf course and country club. The three communities are commonly referred to collectively as “The Verdes.”
First conceived as a winter golf camp in the late 1960’s by a group of Minnesota investors, the first Rio Verde community began development in 1973 and today covers nearly 710 acres, has approximately 980 residential home sites (single family and town homes). and about 1,800 residents.
Located in the far northeast corner of the Valley, Rio Verde is just 45 minutes from Sky Harbor International Airport, 50 minutes from downtown Phoenix and 30 to 40 minutes from major medical facilities including Mayo Clinic and the Scottsdale Health Care Hospitals. Rio Verde is far enough from the city to enjoy clean air, star-filled nights and lush desert landscaping.
A healthy vibrant lifestyle is enhanced by Rio Verde’s two eighteen hole parkland style golf courses, country club, restaurants, community church, tennis club, community center, pools and nearby ranch and riding stables as well as a broad range of physical, social and intellectual activities.
Rio Verde has a private utility company that provides water and sewer to all three communities, its own post office, a convenience store and a beautiful nondenominational, community-built church with services for both protestants and Catholics.
Rio Verde Amenities
While Rio Verde’s two Tom Lehman designed parkland style golf courses are its signature amenity, there is definitely a lot more to do when you live in this active adult community that has a small town feel. At Rio Verde you’ll enjoy:
- Tennis Center: 6 Nova Pro Bounce tennis courts, two of them lighted, 2 Pickle ball courts, onsite tennis pro, and tennis leagues
- Community Church: for both Protestant and Catholic services
- Pool & Spa: Elegant heated pool with lap lanes and lounge area, and a heated spa
- Fitness Center: with state-of-the-art fitness equipment, personal trainers, fitness classes and massage therapists
- Computer Learning Center: including ASU Lecture Series
- Library: share books with fellow residents
- Art Studio: onsite art and painting lessons
- Multi-Function Rooms: for everything from exercise and yoga classes to cards, games. lectures and parties.
- Clubs & Interest Groups: including book clubs, bridge and game clubs, and many others
- Outdoor Activities: biking club, hiking just out your front door, horseback riding
- Golf: a private members-only golf club with two beautiful Tom Lehman designed golf courses
Rio Verde Real Estate
With 980 properties and just over 1,800 residents, the community is large enough to support the two golf courses and sustain lots of clubs and activities, yet small enough to know most of the people in the community.
Although there are some townhomes, (referred to as “villas), the majority of homes at Rio Verde are custom built homes and sit on fairly large lots.
Rio Verde Golf
The community is largely a golf community and nearly 70% of the residents are members of the Golf Club. The two golf courses dominate the community area providing many with breathtaking views.
Rio Verde is a currently a private members-only club, and has reciprocal playing privileges at Tonto Verde. That reciprocity will likely continue with Vista Verde once Vista becomes private.
The initiation fee for a full equity golf membership at Rio Verde is currently available for just $15,000 (it has been as high as $45,000), with monthly dues around $650/mo. The initiation fee varies by market conditions.
About the Rio Verde Area
Rio Verde is a very rural area in the far northeast section of the Greater Phoenix metro area. The terrain is rugged, natural Sonoran Desert, and evenings can offer quiet surroundings and blissful views of the stars in the desert sky.
In addition to the age-restricted 55+ active adult golf course communities of Rio Verde, Tonto Verde and Vista Verde, the town of Rio Verde also boasts some stunning custom homes on large lots. It’s location next to Scottsdale makes it desirable for those looking for a rural location away from crowds and traffic, but not too far from the convenience of city life. Expect about a 15-20 minute drive to far North Scottsdale, and about 30-40 minutes to the more “in-town” Scottsdale locations.
Rio Verde Active Adult (55+) Homes for Sale
HOA Contacts & Info
The HOA fees include trash and extended cable service, as well as a social membership in the private country club. The social membership allows access to everything at the country club except golf privileges
- HOA Website: www.rioverdearizona.com
- HOA Phone: 480-471-2068
- Villas HOA Phone: 480-471-7166
Rio Verde Golf & Country Club
Initiation fees vary, based on special incentives and market conditions, and type of membership, and are subject to change at any time. We’ve seen them as low as $20,000 and as high as $45,000.
- Golf Club Website: www.rioverdearizona.com
- Golf Club Phone: 877-746-8373
- Golf Club Phone: 480-471-7010
Other Helpful Links
Rio Verde Country Club
18731 E Four Peaks Blvd – Rio Verde, AZ 85263