Ventana Lakes Peoria/Sun City, AZ
10874 W Chino Dr – Sun City, AZ 85373
Ventana Lakes Overview
Although the community itself is not really that large, the street that runs through the center of it (107th Ave) is the boundary between Peoria and Sun City, so half of Ventana Lakes falls within a Peoria AZ address and the other half falls within a Sun City AZ address.
Built in the mid 1980′s through 2003, the community was started by Lennar Homes and then completed by Shea Homes and has 1,701 total properties.
Homeowners fortunate enough to have a waterfront lot can build a personal boat dock. The community allows non-motorized boats and catch and release fishing on the lakes
Ventana Lakes Amenities
- 9 Beautiful Lakes With Waterfalls
- Catch & release fishing throughout the community
- 4 Pools And Spas (2 Heated During Winter Months)
- Recreation Room And Fitness Center, Handball Courts
- Library And TV Room
- Sauna And Steam Room
- Billiards Room and Cards Room, Crafts Room and Quilting Room
- Ballroom With Stage, kitchen
- A Variety Of Clubs To Join: Bocce Ball, Shuffle Board, Basketball, Pickleball, Volleyball, Water Volleyball, Horseshoes, Water Aerobics, Noodle Water Aerobics, Monthly Bus trips To Casinos, Stage Shows, Concerts, Breakfasts, Dinners, Dances, Bingo, Karaoke and more.
- Grandchildren are welcome at the highly anticipated annual fishing derby.
Be sure to check the HOA’s website for a current list of upcoming activities. There’s sure to be something of interest for you.
Ventana Lakes Real Estate
Ventana Lakes offers a variety of home styles and 21 floor plans to choose from. There are spacious single family homes, light and airy patio homes on the banks of the lakes, and attached garden homes for those looking for something low maintenance.
Ventana Lakes Golf
There is no golf course at Ventana Lakes, but residents may play at any of the seven Sun City West courses (4 regulation and 3 executive) under the Sun City West “Controlled Neighborhood Play” (CNP) program, which allows residents of area adult communities, including Ventana Lakes, to use Sun City West golf courses. Tee times can be reserved three days prior to play. Residents of neighboring adult communities must present proof of residency in their adult community to play the courses at the guest rates in effect at the time of play.
About the Peoria Area
Ventana Lakes is just a couple miles west of the Loop 101, so you can get to all of the prime destinations in the Valley of the Sun quickly and easily.
- Arrowhead Towne Center Mall is just a little over 2 miles away and has more than 159 stores and restaurants.
- Peoria’s Sports Complex is where the San Diego Padres and Seattle Mariners have their spring training fields. All of your familiar restaurants are right next next door.
- Surprise Stadium (just 10 miles West) is Spring home to the Kansas City Royals and the Texas Rangers.
- Camelback Ranch (15 miles South) with the L.A. Dodgers and the Chicago White Sox spring training fields.
- About 15 minutes away, down Loop 101 is the Westgate City Center home of the Phoenix Coyotes hockey stadium, and University of Phoenix Football Stadium, home of the Arizona Cardinals, the Fiesta Bowl, and hosting to the NFL’s 2015 Super Bowl.
- If you enjoy the Great Outdoors, Peoria’s Lake Pleasant Regional Park is a short drive to the north, where boating and fishing in the Arizona sunshine await!