Sun City Anthem at Merrill Ranch Florence, AZ
3925 N Sun City Blvd – Florence, AZ 85132
Sun City Anthem Merrill Ranch Overview
At Sun City Anthem, the active adult community at Merrill Ranch, you can focus on your health, wellness and personal enrichment in a variety of creative ways. The amazing 48,000 sq.ft. Union Center for Wellness and Higher Learning offers indoor and outdoor resort style pools, clubs and classes, an outdoor putting green and the ASU Lifelong Learning Academy. This 3,100-acre resort-like community offers everything under the sun for today’s busy active adults.
The Del Webb division is building the Sun City section of Anthem at Merrill Ranch, and the Pulte division is building the all-ages sections. As a Sun City Anthem resident, you’ll enjoy your own private, exclusive amenities for the active adults only, while also having use of the many amenities at the all-ages community of Anthem at Merrill Ranch. Morning might call for a spirited game of tennis, while your afternoon is spent with the grandkids at Anthem’s Big Splash Water Park.
Sun City Anthem Amenities
Sun City Anthem offers numerous clubs and interest groups, too numerous to list here, and the number of clubs is constantly expanding as the community continues to grow quickly. Check the HOA’s website for the current list of clubs and interest groups. You’re sure to find something that peaks your interests.
Top Features of Sun City Anthem:
- Union Center: a beautiful 48,000 square foot recreation complex with numerous indoor and outdoor facilities.
- ASU Lifelong Learning Academy: offered in partnership with Arizona State University, the Lifelong Learning Academy offers a mix of substantive coursework and casual programs. All coursework can be completed at the Union Center.
- Sport Courts: Tennis courts, pickleball courts, bocce ball courts, horseshoe pits.
- Pools: An indoor lap pool and an elaborate resort-style outdoor pool complex with lounge pool and super-sized spa.
- Indoor Walking Track: An indoor walking/jogging track circles the indoor pool, so you can walk any time of day or year in a safe, climate controlled environment.
- Fitness Center: A spacious athletic club outfitted with the latest state-of-the-art computerized aerobics and strength training equipment.
- Arts & Crafts: Sun City Anthem offers every arts and crafts class imaginable.
- Ballroom/auditorium: There are many community gatherings, dances and stage performances sponsored by the community.
- Troon Golf: The 18-hole Troon-managed Poston Butte Golf Club is always in great condition.
Sun City Anthem Merrill Ranch Real Estate
All homes are single-level with a huge variety of sizes and features to choose from.
Models just opened in 2006, so there is plenty of new home availability. If you don’t want to wait 6-7 months for new construction, you can purchase a resale home that is just a few years old. Base prices for new homes range do not include lot premiums, upgrades, design center options, etc. On average, most people will spend an additional 12% – 17% over “base price” for design options and lot premiums for their new home.
The Town of Florence assesses a flat $3,700 infrastructure fee called a “CFD tax” (CFD stands for “Community Facilities District”) on each lot at Anthem Merrill Ranch, including Sun City. A home buyer can choose to pay off the total of the CFD assessment at the time of purchase and save about $400 year on taxes, or you can choose to amortize the principal amount with interest over the course of 20 years. Most home buyers choose the latter, usually because of lesser initial costs or because they may have plans to sell the home within a few years.
When you purchase a home and the CFD has not been paid off, it can be a negotiable item, and you can ask the seller to pay it and remove the lien. Most sellers want the buyer to assume the balance owed on the assessment
Sun City Anthem Merrill Ranch Golf
Poston Butte Golf Club at Anthem Merrill Ranch is an upscale daily fee, 18-hole championship golf course managed by Troon Golf. The course is always in great condition, and you’ll see their much photographed, signature island green par three right at the entrance to Sun City Anthem.
The course is open to the public, but Anthem at Merrill Ranch residents have preferred rates and pass programs.
Annual passes do no include the “daily fee”, which is based on the season of play, generally somewhere between $10-$35 per person per round, regardless of whether you use a club cart or your own cart. Check the golf course website for details under “annual passes” for details and fees.
About the Florence Area
Sun City Anthem is set in a remote area, just north of Historic Florence, where you’ll find a Main Street and quaint downtown. There is a small shopping center at the community entrance with a Safeway grocery store, gas station, bank, and some small restaurants and fast-food chains. The brand new Florence Hospital just opened in June 2012, and is right next to Anthem at Merrill Ranch. Franchise restaurants, malls, movie theaters and other big city conveniences are about 25 minutes away in Casa Grande or Gilbert.
People who don’t mind the drive and rural location will enjoy virtually zero traffic, clean air, serene surroundings, low prices, and a chance to get in on the “ground floor” of what is shaping up to be a stunning community. Wherever Del Webb goes, growth follows, so it’s just a matter of time before the community has enough population to support more “big city” conveniences, and when the stores and restaurants start to arrive, prices will shoot up to reflect the increased demand.