Province Maricopa, AZ
20930 N Province Pkwy – Maricopa, AZ 85138
With the acres of lakes and water canals meandering throughout the community, you can find homes with “waterfront” back yards. These lots are in high demand though, and will generally carry a premium of about $50,000 – $80,000 more than regular lots.
Walking and biking trails wind throughout the entire community with an abundance of amenities that support healthful activities both indoors and out. The extravagant 32,000 square foot clubhouse is styled after an Italian Villa and contains state-of-the art facilities with beautiful Tuscan old-world charm.
Engle Homes was the original developer and completed about 895 of the 2,200 available homesites at Province in Maricopa before filing for bankruptcy in January 2008. In October 2009, Meritage Homes purchased the remaining 1,300 undeveloped lots out of foreclosure and will complete the community with a new set of floorplans. Meritage offers floor plans designed for energy efficiency and today’s lifestyles.
At Province you can enjoy:
- Sport Courts: Tennis Courts, Pickleball Courts, Bocce Ball Courts, Basketball Court, Horseshoe Pits
- Outdoor Pool: Extensive 5,000 sq.ft. resort-style swimming pool and spa
- Indoor Pool: Heated lap pool for exercise or swimming
- Fitness & Athletic Center: With state-of-the-art computerized aerobics and strength training equipment
- Arts & Crafts: Numerous crafts and workshops: sewing, quilting, ceramics, and more
- Game & Recreation Rooms: Billiards Room, Card Rooms, Library
- Ballroom/auditorium: There are many community gatherings, dances and showtime performances sponsored by the community
- Walking/Biking Trails: Miles of walking and biking trails wind throughout the community
- Fishing: Catch & release fishing is allowed anywhere. No fishing license is required
- Putting Green: An 18-hole putting course, located at the recreation center.
- Golf: The nearby Duke Golf Course is less than a one-minute drive from Province and offers annual memberships and discount cards.
Check the HOA’s website for a full list of the numerous clubs and activities. You’re sure to find something that attracts your interest.
Province Real Estate
Engle Homes built 15 floorplans. They offered 4 “Villa” style homes, which are townhomes attached in groups of two, and 11 different models of detached homes.
When Meritage Homes took over the community, they introduced new floorplans for single family homes and are using the same 4 “villa” plans that were offered by Engle Homes. The new Meritage homes now come standard with about $50,000 worth of super energy-efficient and “green” features, with an optional solar system available to help reduce your utility bills even more.
Base prices do not include lot premiums, upgrades, design center options, etc. On average, most people will spend an additional 12% – 20% over “base price” for design options and lot premiums for their new home. Lot premiums for a waterfront lot will average about $50,000 – $80,000.
If you don’t want to wait for a new home, there are resales available that are just a few years old, and you can find resales of the floor plans designed by Engle that are no longer offered as new construction.
The Duke at Rancho El Dorado is a championship style, Par-72, 18-hole, daily-fee golf club located in the master planned community of Rancho el Dorado, just across the street, to the north of Province. The ranch-style clubhouse features a well-appointed golf shop, and The Silver Spur Grill is open to the general public, so you can sit down for some breakfast or lunch, even if you’re not a golfer.
Because the golf club is just across the street, many regular golfers that live at Province use their own private golf cart instead of a club cart.
About the Maricopa Area
Province is located approximately 38 miles southeast of the center of Phoenix and 97 miles northwest of Tucson. The town is somewhat isolated from major areas by 16 miles of untouched desert, but once you enter Maricopa you’ll find all of life’s necessities. There are several large grocery stores, national pharmacies, and other shopping and casual dining establishments all within a one minute drive from Province. Major shopping malls and name-brand franchise restaurants are about 30-35 minutes away.
Surrounded by mountain views and desert landscape, this community is an oasis nestled in the City of Maricopa. With easy access to local vendors, restaurants, health providers and other community resources, Province is the perfect spot to live without the hustle, bustle and crowds of the city.