Springfield Resort Chandler, AZ
1200 E St Andrews Blvd – Chandler, AZ 85249
Springfield Resort Overview
If you would like a little golf with your retirement, you’ll enjoy the 18-hole par 61 executive golf course.
Springfield Resort Amenities
Like all Del Webb communities, Springfield offers a nice recreation center with lots of amenities and social activities. At Springfield Resort, you can enjoy:
- Sport Courts: Tennis Courts, Pickleball Courts, Shuffleboard Courts
- Pools: Lap pool, lounge pool and spa.
- Fitness Center: Equipped with aerobics and strength training equipment
- Arts & Crafts: Numerous crafts and workshops: sewing, quilting, pottery, and more
- Game & Recreation Rooms: Billiards Room, Card Rooms, Library
- Ballroom/auditorium: There are many community gatherings, dances and showtime performances sponsored by the community.
- Dining: A restaurant is located in the golf club and serves breakfast and lunch daily.
- Movie Theater: Springfield residents enjoy weekly movies in the onsite movie room.
Check the HOA’s website for a full list of the numerous clubs and activities. You’re sure to find something that attracts your interest.
Springfield Real Estate
All homes are single-level and although there is one floor plan that is a small 878 sq.ft. 2BR, 1BA model, most homes are 2BR, 2BA or better with a 2-car garage and range from just under 1,000 sq. ft. – 2,400 sq. ft.
Some of the smaller homes sit on small lots with open back yards and walking/biking trails right behind the houses, but most homes sit on regular lots with non-fenced yards.
None of the homes were originally offered with fully fenced backyards, but the HOA has listened to feedback from residents and has started allowing block wall fencing for those who want it, provided the neighbors don’t object. If you have pets, or prefer more privacy, you might get lucky and find a house that already has a fully fenced yard.
The Springfield Golf Club is a par 61 executive course that is open to the public with daily green fees and also has annual unlimited play passes and “punch card” multi-round passes available for both residents and the general public.
About the South Chandler Area
Springfield Resort is located on Riggs Rd, in the southernmost part of Chandler, Arizona. I refer to this section of Chandler as “Retirement Row.,” because along Riggs Rd you’ll find the 55+ active adult retirement communities of Sun Lakes, Springfield Resort, SunBird Golf Resort, and Solera Chandler all within about a five-mile span of each other.
The southern part of the new Loop 202 freeway is approximately 5-7 minutes north of Riggs Rd. The Loop 202 freeway has made this section of the city very accessible, and now downtown Phoenix or Scottsdale is just a short 20-30 minute drive from almost any Chandler community.
In southern Chandler you’ll find all of your favorite stores and restaurants within a 5-10 minute drive, and a major shopping center, the Chandler Fashion Square Mall, is just a short distance away for anything and everything you could possibly need or want.