Scottsdale Shadows Scottsdale, AZ
7800 E Camelback Rd – Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Scottsdale Shadows Overview
Scottsdale Shadows offers seniors and non-seniors a great maintenance-free condominium lifestyle in a secure, gated and scenic environment of 13 six-story and seven-story buildings. The location is ideal – just a couple minutes from Scottsdale Fashion Square and Downtown “Old” Scottsdale. The community even provides residents and guests with free shuttle bus service to area shopping and medical facilities three times per week.
Some of the views from the higher-level balconies are stunning, and the lower level units often have beautiful views of the lush green grounds.
The condos are very affordable, especially by “Scottsdale” standards, making this a great option for anybody looking for a condo with lots of activities and amenities in the Scottsdale area.
Scottsdale Shadows Amenities
Anyone under 16 must be accompanied by an adult to use ANY of the amenities. Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult to use the fitness centers.
At Scottsdale Shadows, you can enjoy:
- Tennis Courts: Two lighted tennis courts
- Pools: Three resort-style swimming pools throughout the community, including one with a retractable cover for cooler days (under 75 degrees).
- Fitness Centers: Separate Mens and Ladies Fitness Rooms with aerobics and strength training equipment
- Arts & Crafts: Art studio, ceramics studio and complete woodworking shop
- Game & Recreation Rooms: Billiards Room, Card Rooms, Library
- Events Room: There are many community gatherings, dances and showtime performances sponsored by the community.
- Underground Parking: Each unit comes with at least one parking space. Larger units have two.
- 9-Hole Golf Course: Private 9-hole executive length golf course for residents and guests only. Golf IS included in the HOA fees.
- Shuttle Bus Service: Exclusive bus service 3 days a week to local shopping, grocery stores, banks, medical facilities and more
Check the HOA’s website for a full list of the clubs and activities. You’re sure to find something that attracts your interest.
Scottsdale Shadows Real Estate
One, two and three bedrooms units are available, ranging anywhere from 784 to 2,400 sq.ft.
Only two of the 13 buildings offer in-unit laundry. The other 11 buildings have laundry rooms located on the 2nd and 5th floors.
Most of the buildings don’t allow pets of any kind, and only two of the buildings allow dogs.
Since Scottsdale Shadows was built from 1974 – 1984, many units might need some updating to bring them to the standards of today’s buyers, but many of the units have already been remodeled, so you can find nice updated kitchens, bathrooms, and more open floorplans in the newly remodeled units.
Scottsdale Shadows Golf
Scottsdale Shadows is surrounded by a 9-hole executive length golf course that is strictly for residents and guests. There is no extra fee for golfing and there are no “tee times.” Just go out and play to your heart’s desire.
About the Scottsdale Area
Scottsdale Shadows is located in the heart of Scottsdale, just a couple miles from Scottsdale’s tony Fashion Square Mall and Waterfront area with loads of designer stores and dining options that range from casual to chic.
The “Old Scottsdale” downtown area is only a couple miles farther. A great tourist destination, “Old Town Scottsdale” offers lots more dining, shopping, and art stores that feature authentic western art and bronze statues. There is also a horse-drawn carriage during the winter months that will take you on a nice ride through downtown.